Winscribe Text is Implemented at Sherwood Forest NHS Foundation Trust to Generate Savings and Improve Efficiency Across the Trust
Winscribe announces that Sherwood Forest NHS Foundation Trust have chosen Winscribe Text as a ‘future-proof’ solution that could deliver a user-friendly experience, whilst providing the cost reductions and efficiency savings that the trust were looking for.
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides a number of medical services to the residents of Mansfield, Ashfield, Newark and Sherwood; as well as parts of Derbyshire and Lincolnshire. Care is administered through three major hospitals – Newark Hospital, Mansfield Community Hospital and King’s Mill Hospital – which recently received a £320m state of the art redevelopment.
With changing demographics, growing populations and increasing demands on the NHS, there is a greater pressure than ever to deliver high quality and cost-effective patient care. Following Lord Carter’s report and the transfer of care agenda, Trusts are striving to provide safe, efficient, personalised and consistent care for the people who use their services.
To enable themselves to meet these growing pressures, Sherwood Forest NHS Foundation Trust have chosen to implement Winscribe Text Clinical Correspondence to streamline their dictation processes and provide clinicians with a simple and efficient tool for creating documentation.
Sherwood’s objectives were to:
- Increase efficiency in the letter production process by deploying a fully speech-enabled Clinical Correspondence solution to replace their outdated software.
- Reduce the cost of letter production and enable further savings going forward.
- Speed up turnaround times and thus enhance patient care.
Winscribe’s experts conducted an analysis of the trust’s documentation processes, assessing the opportunities for improvements and the potential benefits to be gained. Winscribe concurred that the current dictation system needed to be upgraded. Replacing the out-dated solution with a secure end-to-end solution, would aid Sherwood to produce higher quality letters faster to reduce document turn-around times. The new system needed to provide in-built doctor sign-off and management reports that quickly and clearly display usage and user productivity levels. Finally, the document solution needed to be compatible with Sherwood Forest’s T systems and client environment. The improved security of the system, reporting and tracking, and integration will help Sherwood with its data protection and GDPR roadmap aims.
To meet the trust’s needs effectively, Winscribe offered the following technology mix:
- Winscribe Text Clinical Correspondence – A fully automated workflow management solution that manages each step of the process from initial dictation through to final distribution
- Direct Integrations with their existing Medway PAS system, to share patient data between systems and to reduce data redundancies
- Future options for mobile working as required
- Future options for a Clinical Document Viewer built within the Orion Rhapsody Portal
- Future options for speech-to-text capabilities that would enable both front-end (client-side) and back-end (server-side) speech recognition
“We're really pleased to have the opportunity to build on our existing relationship with Sherwood Forest and embark on a comprehensive project that we’re confident can have far-reaching benefits for the trust over the coming years.”
Dualtagh Franklin, Healthcare Account Manager, Winscribe
To learn more about Winscribe Text click HERE. You may also contact Winscribe at sales_at_winscribe_dot_com for any enquiries or questions you have.